RP Alive
Hey, we're having a member low, so...if you can register and be active that would make us so happy!
RP Alive
Hey, we're having a member low, so...if you can register and be active that would make us so happy!
RP Alive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Alive

Role-play while having fun! This RP site is a big collection of role-play topics! Role-play in your favorite or try something new! There are even school topics for all you teachers!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Island

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/13/2012, 9:58 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~------------~~~~~~~~~~~----~~~~

Chapter 3: Destroyer of Peace

As Felix stepped outside he heard a commotion. He headed over to see what was going on. A large sum of people were massed outside a large building with a sign hanging off of it that read 'Inn'. The people were muttering and chattering amongst themselves and many seemed scared or worried.

There was a man at the head of the crowd who stood on a crate. He signaled for silence and waited for the sound to die down. When it was finally quiet he spoke. "As many of you know, recently there have been some strange occurrences around town. The worst of which is the monsters that have been appearing out of nowhere and attacking innocent townsfolk. I"m sure many of you are wondering what would cause such things to happen..."

Felix wondered what he was going on about. He had seen nothing but monsters since he found himself on the boat. Maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but I doubt that this town was clean of any until recently.

"...the god of Death. He has summoned one of his children upon us. The Destroyer of Peace is among us, in this very crowd." The entire crowd gasped. Every single one of them, all in unison. It was odd.

"It is none other than that man there!" he exclaimed, pointing at the crowd. Felix looked to see who he was pointing at, but noticed something very odd. Me? Why's he pointing at me? He felt himself being shoved up to the front of the crowd until he stood before the odd man.

"I haven't seen you before. Well, boy, what have you to say for yourself?"

"I honestly don't know what you're talking about! I arrived here only recently-"

Another gasp from the crowd. Felix realized that the monsters, like himself, had only just appeared here a short while ago. I probably shouldn't have said that. he thought, but it was too late. People in the crowd were grabbing at him and holding him down. He suddenly felt something heavy collide with his head and then, nothing. Everything went black as he was rendered unconscious.

---------------------------------------------------------------

When he awoke he was tied to a tree in the middle of a forest. Everything was dark and gloomy, and there was an odd fog that only added to the eeriness. His sight was still blurry and it took a while for everything to come into focus. When his vision cleared up he noticed the odd man standing infront of him once again, this time he was holding a torch. "Well, I'm sure you're wondering why you're here. The townsfolk had a vote and they've decided that to rid themselves of you, we're just going to leave you out here to rot. With any luck your own monsters will eat you alive before die of starvation or dehydration." And with that the man walked off into the fog until he vanished from sight.

Felix tried to break free of the bonds, but they were far too tight and the knots were too professional to simply fall apart if he moved a little. He looked over to see his sky blue sword stabbed into the ground beside him. There has to be a way out of this! he thought. Suddenly he felt something crawling on his arm and looked down to see a rather large spider.

"Hey, can you go over there and get my sword?" he asked it. The spider stared up at him, but made no indication that it even understood what he said. "Am I seriously supposed to just sit here and wait to die?!?" Felix asked loudly, hoping that someone would hear him. There was no response. The spider crawled off of him and vanished into the fog. It must have gotten bored.

---------------

Felix jolted awake at the sound of footsteps I must have fallen asleep. he thought. "Who's there?" he asked into the empty fog. No reply. "That's odd. I could have sworn I heard footsteps."

Sudden;y something fell from the tree and landed beside his sword. He looked over to see it was a person. They pulled the sword out of the ground and admired it.

"Hey! You can't take that!" Felix shouted at them. They turned their head to look over at him and hurled the sword in his direction with incredible speed. Felix closed his eyes, expecting the worst, and was surprised to feel the rope loosen and fall to the ground. He opened his eyes to see his sword sticking out of the tree nearby. The person had cut the rope with the blade.

They walked over and helped him up. He noticed that it was a young boy, and something about them was strangely familiar. They led him towards the exit of the forest without once saying a word. They would occasionally stop and hunt, and they would camp and sleep when they were tired, but it always appeared to be the same time of day in the woods.

Felix noticed that everything looked the same and they didn't have anything to help them see through the fog, so there was no way of knowing whether or not they were going in circles. It had felt like days had passed, maybe even a month, but nothing had prepared Felix for what was about to happen.

He woke up one morning and was unable to find the boy who had been guiding him. Not sure were he had went, Felix wandered in the direction that felt right to him. The fog eventually began to clear and he noticed that he was now standing in a grassy field where the sun was shining brightly.

"Felix!" A voice exclaimed, and a girl who looked about sixteen ran over to him and hugged him tightly. What's going on here? Who is this?!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

K, so that happened....
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/13/2012, 5:53 pm

Nice girl...I guess.
Back to top Go down
https://rpalive.rpg-board.net
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/13/2012, 10:47 pm

?
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/14/2012, 10:59 am

On second thought, I have nothing to say...
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/14/2012, 11:29 am

um, okay...
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/15/2012, 1:50 pm

k.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/29/2012, 4:54 pm

Derp.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/29/2012, 4:55 pm

Next part?
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/29/2012, 4:56 pm

I'll try and get the next part out soon. There were some unforeseen delays.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/29/2012, 5:13 pm

ok.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/30/2012, 2:12 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~------------~~~~~~~~~~~----~~~~

Chapter 4: Return

The girl let go of Felix, noticing that something was wrong. "What's the matter?" She asked. "Don't you recognize me?"

Felix thought for a moment. She did seem somewhat familiar, but he didn't know why or from where. "No," he said flatly.

"It's me! Elise! Don't you remember?"

Elise? "But you look... older."

"What did you expect? You've been gone four years."

Felix was shocked. There was no way he was gone for more than a few weeks. It certainly hadn't felt like four years.

"What are you doing this far from town anyways?" he asked her.

"I waited for you."

Felix found that odd. "Why?" he asked.

"Well, I thought it was really mean how they kicked you out and all. I knew that you'd be back eventually though."

Felix still thought it odd that she had waited four years for him.

"We should probably had back to town." Elise told him.

"But how do we know that the same thing isn't just going to happen again?" Felix questioned.

"Nothing's changed since you've been gone even though you were really far away for a long time. No one probably blames you for the monsters anymore."

Felix decided that he'd probably be better off living in a town than the wilderness anyways, so he followed Elise back.

-----------------------------------

As they were making their way through a densely wooded area, they encountered a strange creature. It appeared to be some sort of horse with a pure white coat and a slightly yellow mane. Atop it's head sat a single horn.

"What is that?" Felix asked, keeping his voice low as to not alarm it.

"I believe that's what the people in town call a 'Spike Horse'." She told him

Felix approached it slowly. It seemed rather harmless. There was a snap as Felix stepped on a twig and the "Spike Horse" turned it's head to see what it was. Felix stopped, realizing he had probably startled it. It stared at him with blood red eyes.

"Good horsey." Felix said as he walked closer. It seemed incredibly intimidating for a horse.

It let out a sudden screech and charged at him. Its horn pierced his chest and shortly after buried itself in a tree trunk, halting the creatures advance. Felix coughed up blood. He was now pinned to a tree by the horse who seemed to be stuck. He lashed out at it with his fist out of anger.

The blow struck it right in the head, but it was only dazed for a few moments. It retaliated by biting down on his arm with its abnormally sharp teeth.

"F*ck!" Felix exclaimed. The pain was incredible. He looked around for Elise and soon spotted her behind a tree. She seemed to be murmuring something. There was a sudden purple light and the Spike Horse stumbled backwards and collapsed, asleep.

Elise rushed over and began to examine his wounds.

"What was that?" Felix asked.

"A sleep spell. It should be out for a while. Do you feel well enough to keep traveling?"

"Yeah," he said. "My chest hurts and I think my arm might be broken, but I'll be fine."

And so, against Elise's advice, they continued to make their way back to town.

--------------------

When they arrived it was nighttime and so Felix checked into an inn for the night. The innkeeper was acting odd and didn't make him pay for the room, which was convenient as he had no money. As Elise was leaving she heard two people talking.

"I heard he tried to take on a Spike Horse all by himself."

"No way. No one has ever fought a Spike Horse and come back alive."

"I know right. This guy must be insanely skilled. They say he didn't even have a weapon."

She wondered if they were talking about Felix. It seemed unlikely that anyone would know about that yet, but there wasn't a single other person in town who dared to try and fight any sort of monster. As she made her way back home she was still unsure, but figured that it really didn't matter anyways.

------------------------------------

When Felix awoke he had discovered that someone had treated his wounds. He got up and made his way to the door. As he stepped outside of his room however, the inn staff blocked his way. They insisted that he stay in bed for awhile longer so his wounds could heal. He personally felt better, but since he was staying for free anyways he decided not to argue.

It was a few days before they actually let him leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kay. There it is.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/30/2012, 8:44 am

So a Spike Horse is a unicorn?
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/30/2012, 4:44 pm

More on that next chapter. Also, it was evil.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/30/2012, 8:52 pm

So it is a unicorn.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/30/2012, 8:57 pm

Yeah, sure, whatever
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/30/2012, 9:03 pm

post btw.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2012, 5:10 am

Gah! So, basically, I've been unable to write this for awhile now, and with school coming up...

Anyways, I decided it would be easier to just kinda give a summary of what happens next and until the rest of the story instead of trying to write 20 something chapters in one night. Either way, this little project is going to be over after this post.

Kay, so... derp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------~~~~~~~~~----~~~

Don't let that fool you, this is gonna be a really lame summary.

In the next chapter, Felix is preparing to leave the inn when he encounters the same boy who had saved him back in the forest. However, this time the boy is acting all different, like he's much better than Felix. He treats Felix like a child and Felix, being the genius he is, challenges him to a fight. The boy wins(obviously) at which point Elise runs in and tries to comfort Felix, eventually though, she admits that he stood no chance.

She informs him that the boy is a world renowned monster slayer known only as 'Edward'. She knows this because he attempted to flirt with her earlier while Felix was stuck in his room(she is rather oblivious to the world outside of her town). The rest of the citizens confirm this, much to Felix's dismay.

Later, a town meeting is called and the very same man who had Felix thrown out earlier is still going on about the same stuff. This time he claims that a massive dragon living nearby may be the source of their problem. Felix, who is determined to prove he is stronger than Edward, sets off to find it and kill it. Elise follows to make sure he doesn't get himself into too much trouble.

On the way they run into Edward. It turns out that he is also seeking to be the hero. Elise decides that they should work together and neither Felix nor Edward tells her how bad of an idea they think it is, but simply go along with it for her sake. Upon reaching the dragon some sort of plot point is revealed. Edward has to take some sort of special red medicine every few days in order to keep from vanishing completely. Felix and Elise can't tell whether it is some sort of strange disease or an awful curse, but either way he is completely useless for the length of the fight.

Felix soon discovers can't really do much against the dragon himself and Elise, being a Cleric, is not much help either. The both sustain serious injuries and in a moment of desperation Felix uses some sort of hidden power of his, allowing him to just barely defeat the dragon.

Elise heals him up quickly with magic which she learned while Felix was stuck in the inn, waiting for his wounds to heal. She also uses some sort of magic to temporarily nullify Edward's disease/curse thingy. They arrive back at town some time later and Edward, being famous, receives all of the credit for what they have done.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~------------~~~~~-----~~~~

The rest of the story is basically them going around and doing stuff like that. They slay monsters all the time and stuff. The also meet a new boy named Ryuk who is skilled with a strange sort of magic. It is said that his magic is the same as the type used to combat the God of Death. (Edward can also use basic types of magic. No healing or holy stuff though. He also mainly uses a sword.). The God of Death is later revealed to be a half cat/half human hybrid known as Night who specializes in any sort of magic that is seen as evil.

As the quest progresses the group starts to discover some sort of conspiracy. Not only that but Felix's power that he used to fight the dragon slowly gets stronger and begins to consume him. He also learns a strange shadowy form of dark magic. The group also discovers near the end that Felix was found in the middle of the ocean and taken aboard the boat he found himself on at the beginning. He went insane and nearly killed many people until he was knocked out by something or other and lost his memory.

One night, while investigating a cultist hideout Felix loses control and goes into a frenzy. He nearly kills Edward and Elise with his darkness, however Ryuk seems to be immune. His last words are "You have become the very incarnation of darkness! You must be destroyed!" Using all of his power he summons massive pillars of light which surround Felix and slowly close in on him. The pillar burn him when he touches them, so he tries to keep his distance, but they all close in, forming a giant pillar with him in the center. He screams in agony as he is burned to a crisp like a vampire in the sun.

-------------------------

Derp. Story over. I know I said I'd finish everything up now, but it isn't over quite yet. One last part that I will explain later, perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2012, 10:42 am

Awww. Dragon die. ;-;
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2012, 2:17 pm

Yep. Along with 3/4 of the main cast at that last part, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2012, 3:42 pm

*strokes beard* Ok.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island - Page 2 Empty